Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. ~Hippocrates

How Can I Help You?

Eating healthy doesn’t have to be a chore. We are programmed to enjoy food. Food is life! If you struggle with your weight, together we can formulate a reasonable plan to get healthier. If certain foods seem to bother you, I can work with your healthcare practitioners to fashion a diet you can live with. Most importantly, I can be your coach – someone to whom you become accountable to reach goals you set for yourself.

I don’t believe in coercion, nor do I believe there is a need for complete rigidity. I live by the Pareto Principle, which is also known as the 80/20 rule. In this case, I would tell you that if you eat well and live a healthy lifestyle 80% of the time, you have wiggle room the other 20% of the time. In the process of changing your habits, you will broaden your tastes and actually begin to like healthy foods if you don’t already! The key is awareness. Know what you are putting in your mouth. Make the choices deliberately, not mindlessly. Choose wholesome food, not empty calories. Isn’t your body worth it? Aren’t YOU worth it?

You can do this! You can manage the symptoms of many medical problems with changes to your diet. Often medications may be eliminated. Diabetics who exercise and manage their diets carefully often find they do not need to take medication.

Change is hard. You may think you don’t have the time to eat well and healthfully. I guarantee you however, that if don’t take the time to be healthy now, you will spend the time dealing with sickness later. It’s your choice. Contact me to start your journey to healthy eating.

To your health,

Debbie Gilbert Taylor, MAAP
Dietetic Technician, Registered

Email: debbie@eating-for-health.com

Phone: (203) 952-5355

Click here to download flyer: EFHflyer

Comments on: "How Can I Help You?" (2)

  1. Hi there, I just nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger and Very Inspiring Blogger Awards. Please see my post about this: http://meaningfulwesternlife.com/2012/03/30/2-more-blog-awards/

    Wendy

    • Thank you for your nomination Wendy. I am trying to figure out who issues these awards and just what they mean!. Do you have any information?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Tag Cloud

%d bloggers like this: