I think the bones left in for cooking make for a better taste. My family only likes the white meat however, so I meet everyone’s needs by buying breast quarters with the bone in, and I take the skin off for additional health benefits. To keep the breast moist, I coat with oil and season.
- 1 T paprika *
- 1 T dried or 3T chopped fresh parsley
- 2 t brown sugar
- 1 t dry mustard powder
- 2 t salt
- 1 t black pepper
- 3-3 1/2 lbs. of cut, bone in chicken breasts
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine paprika, parsley, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Remove skin from chicken breasts (leave bone in) and place in 9″x13″ baking dish, meaty side up.
- Coat with oil and press spice mixture into the breasts.
- Bake until juices run clear, about 45 minutes.Insert an instant read thermometer near the bone (but not on it) to confirm doneness at 165 degrees.